Wednesday 12 June 2013

My Dream.......

  This Ride, the Tour Divide, is my dream for the last year and half but I did not accomplish this alone. I am sitting in a motel room in Revelstoke reflecting on who helped me get here. I first and foremost have to thank my wife for all the support and love she has shown me this year. I am not the greatest help around the house at the best of times but this past year with all the training this has been nonexistent. My wife not only did all this without complaining but then had to listen to my constant talk about the ride all the time being my biggest supporter. Then there are my kids, they have been very supportive of the time I needed to train and continue telling me how proud they are of me which only makes me want to accomplish this event even more. It is extremely hard to be away this long from them as I have never done anything like this before. The positive side to this is they understand that you can always go for your dreams and with support you can do anything.
   I have a couple of friends that I want to mention as with out them I probably would have talked myself out of this event more then once. Matthew is someone that not only rode with me during some training rides but helped with my computer stuff. Matthew also shared my excitement when I would talk about the logic's of the ride, he was the person I could bounce ideas off and get ideas on what would work best. The other person I need to thank is Kristen, she is someone that I met doing the Ride2Survive and quickly became friends. I have only known Kristen for a short time but know we will always be friends. There are people that can make you feel like you can do anything in life and she has quickly become one of these people in my life. She is always there to listen and gives me great advice. I am also fortunate to have a lot more people that have given me support to accomplish my goal. I have read some past riders say that the friends and family that supported them believed in them more then they believed in themselves.  I now know what they are talking about.
  I can't write about support without mentioning West Point Cycles.  Tim, Sara and the staff at West Point Cycles have been great about prepping the bike for the ride and removed a major worry from the ride. I hope I can bring back a full ride for them.
  In the end, this is My Dream but could never be accomplished without many supporters. Thanks Again everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment